Provides design and implementation services for desktop and application virtualization initiatives for customers. Works with client technical staff to resolve advanced issues related to these environments. Participate as a technical resource in the sales process.
Perform detailed discovery assessments for clients and create related designs, project plans, and statements of work.
Provide informal knowledge transfer to clients including documentation.
Provide ongoing technical support for existing and new deployments.
Windows, Terminal Services, Active Directory and GPO troubleshooting.
Assist the sales effort as a resource to account executives on technical issues and presentations to clients and prospective clients.
Developing and cultivating strong client relationships.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- BA in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance, in a PC/LAN-WAN environment
- Extensive working knowledge of Active Directory GPO configuration in medium to large environments.
- Understanding of OU structure and how policies/login scripts apply
- Infrastructure virtualization experience
- Scripting, Automation and/or Programming skills – need a basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Experience with desktop and application virtualization environments preferred
- Understanding of database connectivity and query language
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems, and software (including file server, gateways, workstation, printers, routers and network communication protocols including TCP/IP
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex infrastructure problems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on and associated operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems
- Troubleshoots issues within install base
- Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for end-user-compute, application virtualization and mobility initiatives
- Provides technical consultation, training and support to internal staff as required